What is a company logo all about, why is it important and what message does it send to our customers? Are there meanings built into our logo that portray who we are, or who we want to be?
As with the flag or coat of arms of a country, or family, the logo of a company portrays important meaning or symbology. The logo gives a sense of identity and can give a sense of pride or belonging to loyal employees. I am proud of the company I work for. I do my best to succeed in my career and do my best for my company to succeed! I am proud when people or customers know who I am through my company and when they recognize my company when they see our logo.
The logo of a company is the single visual element that brings familiarity to the brand’s product, and successful companies spend millions in selecting, improving, or updating their logo, in order to project the correct corporate image. This could be to influence the psychology of consumers, represent their core values, or some other mysterious or historic meaning.
Well, what about our Logo, does it have any important meaning or message to share, does it stand out and it is easily distinguishable? Let’s get into it, shall we!
The PPE logo has three colors, one core shape, with three being repeated often. There are three letters “PPE”, there are three triangle shapes that are interconnected and which are anchored together by another singular triable shape in the center. So why the emphasis on three, why the triangular shapes, and what of the three colors?
Three is indeed a significant number. Throughout history, the number three has held symbolic importance in religion, spirituality, politics, power, nature, and still today the number three it’s recognized as a powerful number. The orientation of a triangle can be important to its meaning. Triangles that point up, represent a strong foundation or stability. The elements of earth number three, earth, water, and air, man has three stages in life youth, maturity, and old age, the time has three ages, past, present, and future, and so the re-occurrence of three is prevalent everywhere and hence its symbolic importance!
You’re probably asking, “What has this got to do with PPE’s logo?” Symbology in the Shapes in our Logo. As you can see, our company logo contains 3 triangles;
- the symbol for strength and completeness.
- 3 triangles for three-fold strength or absolute completeness.
- It is a symbol of three interlocked triangles
Symbology in the Colors in our Logo PPE’s logo’s primary colours is blue, yellow, and white. (Which is hidden but at the core of the logo) represent the following:
- The colour blue in our logo represents tranquility. The noun tranquility means “a state of peace and quiet”. This colour was chosen, as we spend a large portion of our day at work and we want our workplace to be a place where our employees can have “peace of mind” and tranquility. Confident that their valuable time is contributing to their own growth and success and that of their company.
- The colour gold in our logo represents prosperity. Gold represents wealth and prosperity, is flourishing, thriving, good fortune, and successful social status. Prosperity often produces profuse wealth, including other factors which can be profusely wealthy in all degrees, such as happiness and health.
- The colour white in our logo represents positivity and honesty. White in western cultures is an inherently positive colour, is associated with purity, virginity, innocence, light, goodness, heaven, safety, brilliance, illumination, understanding, cleanliness, faith, beginnings, sterility, spirituality, possibility, humility, sincerity, protection, softness, and perfection.