Power Plant Electrical Technologies is a company with vision.
“We want to provide world class service, focused on adding value to customer process throughout Africa”, says Mitch McAllister, MD.
Power Plant Electrical Technologies is an Integrated Electrical Engineering Organisation, focused on supplying high technology systems and solutions to Mining operations, utilities and industry. Our management team are hands on and still practice their engineering skills in a consultative and advisory role to customers, in so doing, the company management remains in touch with core business matters and customers needs.
The company was founded in 1998 and has its head office in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa, with a number of satellite and site offices throughout Sub-Saharan Africa. Although Power Plant Electrical Technologies provides general electrical and instrumentation engineering and installation services, the company has a number of specialty services that are not commonly available.
Our business units include:
Our specialized service offerings:
- Load flow studies on complex electrical networks.
- Electrical protection grading, testing, commissioning and maintenance.
- Earthing system design, installation, testing and audits.
- Power factor correction equipment design, installation and maintenance.
- Low and medium voltage switch gear retrofits, modernization and modification.
- Bus bar manufacture and on site bus bar bending, pressing and fitment.
- Hazardous areas design and installation for explosive atmospheres for gases and liquids.
Our business strategy focuses on servicing OEM organisations and larger corporate clients, with specific emphasis on large industry, municipal and mining infrastructure, where we aim to establish long term relationships with. We offer a value added service, which we believe is differentiated by a high level of understanding of the requirements for safe operation, safety interlocking, reliability and hazards associated with electrical and instrumentation systems in all levels of industry. We are registered with the ECB, ECA, and have engineers, technicians and projects managers registered with SAIEE, ECSA and the Project Management Institute.